Friday, August 20, 2010

Self Discipline

Self Discipline is remembering your goals and setting them higher than the immediate wants. 

Right now, I want a big, juicy cheeseburger with french fries.  And chocolate cake.   But I think I'd rather be skinny.  Still - it's hard to remember what my goals are when the cravings hit. 

Tomorrow I'm hiking to the summit of Mt Timpanogos with some friends.  And when I get back down, I'm ending a relationship.  (The guy is very condescending - and he's not Tim.  Men who think I'm slightly less bright than the village idiot annoy the crap out of me.)  That in itself ought to do wonders for the scales. 

It's been fun to put on pants that were snug at the end of the first round, impossible to fit into before beginning, and that are so loose now I need a belt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment