Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Eating thoughtfully

One of my personal rules when deciding what to eat these days is simply this.  If I'm going to spend the calories on it, it had better be absolutely delicious.

Fortunately, I love to cook.  Last night my kids spend the night with their nephews, and I had Chicken Supreme (from Saving Dinner) and a large green salad.  I put the tablecloth on the table, set myself a place, and had a lovely dinner.

What a change from the days when I'd scarf down whatever is in sight.  Ok, I'm still doing that sometimes - but not as often, and I'm more aware of it.  And I'm still working on not eating "just to be eating" and the late night munchies.  I have to often ask myself if I'm hungry, or just want to eat.  If I just want to eat, maybe I can take that walk around the block.  If I'm hungry, am I really thirsty?  Get some water and see if that helps.  (Note to self - Water, not soda.)  What is it I want to eat?  Is that double cheeseburger really worth the calories?  Or can I find something else that will satisfy me and nourish me better?

Being thoughtful about what you eat can help you release the weight you're looking to get rid of.  It's the mindless munching that will get you!

No comments:

Post a Comment