Friday, August 27, 2010

Low Carb Diets - Are They Too Hard?

I've seen a few Tweets about this very idea lately - and I've been thinking a lot about it.  Following the HCG protocol is very low carb.  And here's what I've found.

Going low carb isn't hard at all. 

I really thought it would be.  I love bread, and rice, and pasta, and all that yummy stuff.  I also love sugar in all its glory.  But when it came time to low-carb it - I was able to easily drop all that.  And now carbs tend to make me ill. 

It's really not that hard to push away the bread basket at the table.  Even at a restaurant.  It's not a challenge to tell the waiter that you just want the meats and veggies, thanks.  They understand that.

It can be a challenge to wean yourself from french fries and sandwiches - but it's about learning new eating patterns anyway, isn't it?

One way to do it is to use Saving Dinner's Menu Mailer.  I love this concept.  You get your menus for the week in a PDF download, which includes Low Carb, Heart Healthy, and Regular.  (Regular is still freaking healthy, and they are all delicious.)  Just following the menus can help you re-learn how to eat. 

So far, I've lost released over 30 pounds.

And if I can do it, you can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment