Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Discouragement

I'm having a tough time maintaining my weight loss.  The frustration is two fold - one, I kept it off easily for over a year, and two, I know I have no one to blame but myself.  No matter how good a diet is, the weight won't stay off on a regimen of sweet and highly processed comfort foods.

I am beginning to wonder if I just needed the break from the constant dieting.  I think so....

I've decided to wait till March 1 to start again, and in the meantime I plan to enjoy all the foods I cannot have (and do not want) when I'm actively dieting.  There's a caveat to this - that doesn't mean I'm going to be gorging or binging.  Just that nothing is off limits, within reason. 

My hope is that this temporary switch of diet and energy will do what switching up a workout does - confuse the body.  I'm not sure I would recommend this to just anyone - but I hope I am disciplined enough to "let it go" for a few weeks and pick things up again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment