Monday, September 13, 2010

Preparation and Low Carb

Yes, low carbing can be done.  I used to think it was too hard - before my first round of HCG and having my eyes opened.  You know what?  When you know what you CAN eat, and how to cook it so it's tasty, low carbing is easy.

Restaurant out?  I always explain to the waitress that I'm on a low carb diet and would she please hold the rolls, croutons, and potatoes?  I've had the wonderful staff at Texas Road House bring me 2 side salads - because salad was the only side I could have, and i was entitled to 2 sides.  (I only asked for one.  Texas Road House in Lehi, UT.  The waitstaff there is awesome.) And grilled steak is fine, yum!

The tough times for me are when I am out with the kidlets - who are hungry - and I need a quick snack.  I want to avoid the drive through in any case - so I tend to bring apples, grapes, and raisins for the kids to snack on.  It really just takes a little forethought.

I also like Saving Dinner.  Leanne takes the thinking out of menu planning.  And she has a low-carb option - but all the options are healthy!  Again, just a little forethought - ordering the menus, going to the store once a week - and the payoffs are delicious meals and a slimmer, healthier you!

Not to mention more cash in your bank account from the money saved on junk snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment