Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thoughts

Just some random things I was thinking of this morning:


I keep being told that if I go on a crash diet/HCG/whatever I'm going to gain the weight back.  Well, DUH.  If I start eating junk, I'm going to gain weight.  On the other hand, I don't want to live on nothing but salad and grilled chicken for the rest of my life.  How boring would it be without delicious food and dessert?  Can I really never have spaghetti again?  Do I even want to live like that? I don't think so.  I think I should be able to have my favorite foods, being careful not to overdo it.

I love cooking.  I love dessert, and feasts, and baking, pies, cheese, ice cream, Popcicles.  Let's face it.  Food is the center of our celebrations.  I do not want to sit out of feasts.  That feels like sitting out of life.

Why do so many people think they can tell me what to eat?  Why is it that as soon as someone makes an innocent statement ("I like Diet Coke better than regular Coke") there are dozens of people shrieking "OMG that will make you fat!"  Really?  Who can tell with all the hype and nonsense?  How on earth can anyone figure anything out any more between the crap that the food companies put out and the crap that the hysterical average person puts out?

It happens that I really do prefer Diet Coke to regular Coke, or even Coke Zero.  I also like to drink a lot of water.  

Oh, and generally, when I post here, or on Facebook, it is to offer support and tell people what I am doing that works for me.  It's not a plea for help.  I've paid for help before, and figured out that the so-called experts really don't know any more than I do.

So I am now following my body, doing what I know from experience works well for me, and even though I sometimes have "forbidden" foods, I am much happier and healthier than I would be trying to follow someone else's regimen.  I think you have to find what works for you.

Eat mindfully, and ignore everyone else.  Your body knows what it needs.






No comments:

Post a Comment