Thursday, June 24, 2010

I actually *want* to run!

This is exciting to me!

I've hated running since I hit puberty.  Loved it as a kid - I remember running all over the playground in elementary school, enjoying my body.

Then puberty hit.  Running started to hurt.  (No sports bras in the early 80s.  No good ones for women who need them in the 21st century, for that matter.)  And it became a job.

You know, once something becomes an obligation, the fun runs right out of it.

Well, since I've been working out regularly, Mat makes us do some running.  Not a lot.  Not distance.  But some.

I started doing wind sprints with my kids.  I run as hard as I can from my driveway to the next one, and then walk to the next one, then run, etc.

You know what?

It's fun!

It feels good to use my body again!

It feels good to outrun my kids - regularly!  Except Jared.  He's 7.  He cheats by running back and forth in front of me so I can't pass him. We end up laughing so hard, that's a workout all by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment